Landscaping projects that require approval include those involving:
- Arbors & Arches
- Landscape Lighting
- Plantings – new
- Stepping Stones
- Tree Removals
- Tree Plantings
Submit two (2) scale drawings of yard showing:
- Measurements of overall yard and individual items, such as decks, patios, arbors, trellises, retaining walls, walkways, planting beds…etc.
- Clarify clearance of hardscape from fences and structures;
- Location of individual items and plants;
- Clearly indicate if any trees are proposed for removal, and specify location of replacement tree; in most cases, this will be required. Provide reasoning for tree removal. – Refer to the 2011 Community Architectural Rules and Standards for further information regarding tree removal and replacement.
Percentage ratios of hardscape (non-plantable) to softscape (plantable) areas.
- This is not required if only plants are being replaced and no other changes are made to existing hardscape areas (decks, patios…etc);
Submit two (2) manufacturer product brochures and/or images of items such as landscape lights, or fountains…etc.
Specify type of wood to be used for decks, arbors, trellises…etc.
Provide color images of proposed stonework, pavers, tinted concrete, tiles…etc.
Provide complete plant list with locations of plantings;
For water features (fountains, waterfalls) provide decibel levels of water pump.
Please refer to the 2011 Community Architectural Rules and Standards for additional items not listed here, or call the Community Offices at (510)865-3363 for further assistance.